That is, IF they can find a home they want and can afford! At the time of this writing, the cost of the American Dream is rising due to high demand and low inventory. Nice, affordable homes are being sought by more and more buyers, making the "offer/negotiation" period more like a "bidding period." Almost every entry-level home that hits the market gets multiple offers in the first week, many over the list price! How can YOU live the dream?
In a recent housing survey, FNMA released information about consumers' thoughts on the current market. Almost two-thirds would rather buy than rent and believe that now is a good time to buy. Half of the respondents expect rent and home prices will go up.
Top Ten reasons to move the dream to reality:
- It’s cheaper than renting in most cases
- Avoid rental increases in the future
- Equity build-up with amortization of each payment going to principal
- A home is a forced savings account
- Appreciation increases your equity and your overall investment
- Mortgage interest and property tax deductions
- Home equity interest deduction
- A place you can call your own
- A place to share with friends and family
- Capital gains exclusion on profit
Take a look at the Rent vs. Own to see what the real cost of owning a home for your price range.
And buyers rely more heavily on their real estate agent for the wisdom and market savvy to guide them through the complexities of offer, negotiation, "bidding" when appropriate, "good" lenders, inspections, and much more. Here is YOUR chance to Get the Advantage of 40+ years experience helping people just like you achieve their real estate dream. Get with it! Get Sam! Get the Dream!
The Sam Team with RE/MAX Top Realty would love to be Your Realtor! Call 832-200-5656. Get together!