In a torrential rainfall, you wouldn’t want to be without an umbrella.
It is also understandable that when purchasing or selling a home, more and more people want an agent involved.
NAR’s Homebuyers and Sellers Profile states the trend in owners trying to sell their home themselves has declined over the past ten years from 14% in 2003 to only 9% in 2014. Similarly, the number of buyers purchasing directly through an owner has decreased from 2001 to 2014 from 15% to 5%.
It is natural to think that a seller wants to get the highest price for their property while the buyer wants to pay the least possible. Negotiations may be the most valuable service provided by an agent because of the clear conflicts of interest such as the price, terms and condition.
Other areas of contention that could affect a party without an agent:
- The real estate agent who represents the other party
- The attorney who represents only one party
- Home and pest inspectors regarding condition
- The buyer’s lender regarding terms
- The lender’s appraiser regarding value
- The title company in an effort to satisfy challenges to clear title
- Municipal authorities to mitigate code violations
At RE/MAX Top Realty, we are an office full of abundant agents who know how to help you achieve your real estate goals. And with over 40 years experience working with buyers and sellers every day, no one is more experienced than The Sam Team at The Top! Call us and get started. 832-200-5656.