Thursday, January 22, 2015

Live it up!

WHAT I'VE LEARNED IN 57 YEARS AS A MAN, part 6.


"Worry" is my most wasted emotion.  Why worry?  How will it help?  It won't.

Monthly, I face my own mortality each time I visit the kidney doctor.  The new one I met yesterday said, "your labs are crappy, but you look like a million bucks!"

To which I replied, "well, I take care of myself . . . I take my pills, I workout, I follow the kidney diet, and I'm not on dialysis."

But I'm only buying time toward the inevitable.  So, when the Astros ticket salesman called, I said, "yes, I'll take two season tickets in the club section, behind home plate, please."  Why not?  I love, love, love going to the Astros games . . . I have since I was a boy and the Astrodome first opened.

Last night, I went to see "Book of Mormon" that was touring with the Broadway Series.  I say, "Yes!  I love the theater!"  Why not?

Go.  Live it up.  Work hard.  Help others.

Go to that game.  Go see that play.  Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment